The UCC27282 is a robust N-channel MOSFETdriver with a maximum switch node (HS) voltagerating of 100 V. It allows for two N-channel MOSFETsto be controlled in half-bridge or synchronous buckconfiguration based topologies. Its 3.5-A peak sinkcurrent and 2.5-A peak source current along with lowpull-up and pull-down resistance allows theUCC27282 to drive large power MOSFETs withminimum switching losses during the transition of theMOSFET Miller plateau. Since the inputs areindependent of the supply voltage, UCC27282 can beused in conjunction with both analog and digital controllers.
The input pins as well as the HS pin are able totolerate significant negative voltage, which improvessystem robustness. Input interlock further improvesrobustness and system reliability in high noiseapplications. The enable and disable functionalityprovides additional system flexibility by reducingpower consumption by the driver and responds to
fault events within the system. 5-V UVLO allowssystems to operate at lower bias voltages, which isnecessary in many high frequency applications andimproves system efficiency in certain operatingmodes. Small propagation delay and delay matchingspecifications minimize the dead-time requirementwhich further improves efficiency.
Under voltage lockout (UVLO) is provided for both thehigh-side and low-side driver stages forcing theoutputs low if the VDD voltage is below the specifiedthreshold. An integrated bootstrap diode eliminatesthe need for an external discrete diode in manyapplications, which saves board space and reducessystem cost. UCC27282 is offered in a small packageenabling high density designs.
• Drives Two N-Channel MOSFETs in High-SideLow-Side Configuration
• 5-V Typical Under Voltage Lockout
• Input Interlock
• Enable/Disable Functionality
• 16-ns Typical Propagation Delay
• 12-ns Rise, 10-ns Typical Fall Time With 1800-pFLoad
• 1-ns Typical Delay Matching
• Absolute Maximum Negative Voltage Handling onInputs (–5 V)
• Absolute Maximum Negative Voltage Handling onHS (–14 V)
• 3.5-A Sink, 2.5-A Source Output Currents
• Absolute Maximum Boot Voltage 120 V
• Low Current (7-μA) Consumption when Disabled
• Integrated Bootstrap Diode
• Specified from –40℃to 140℃ JunctionTemperature
• Telecom and Merchant Power Supplies
• Motor Drives and Power Tools
• Auxiliary Inverters
• Half-Bridge and Full-Bridge Converters
• Active-Clamp Forward Converters
• High Voltage Synchronous-Buck Converters
• Class-D Audio Amplifiers
The UCC27282EVM-335 is designed to primarily evaluate the UCC27282 performance. This driver is a100-V boot voltage, high-side, low-side driver with 3-A peak source and sink current for driving two NChannelMOSFETs. The same board can be used to evaluate other pin-to-pin compatible parts in thesupported package. The UCC27282 has low propagation delay and low propagation delay matchingbetween the high- and low-side rising and falling edges of the driver outputs for reliable timing of the gatedrive signals. The UCC27282 inputs can tolerate signals as high as 16 V regardless of the VDD voltagewhich enhances device robustness.
The UCC27282 driver includes an enable function which enables the driver outputs when pulled high, anddisables the driver into a very low standby current mode when low. The UCC27282 also includes aninterlock feature which sets both LO and HO driver outputs low when both LI and HI inputs are high at thesame time. This prevents turning on the high-side and low-side MOSFETs at the same time enhancingrobustness of the power train design.
The EVM is developed in such a way that the UCC27282 driver performance can be evaluated andcompared to data sheet parameters, or externally connected to power devices with provisions for sourceand sink gate-resistance flexibility. The UCC27282EVM-335 evaluation board uses surface-mount testpoints allowing connection to LI, HI, VDD, and HB inputs. A variety of other test points are available forprobing the UCC27282. The input bias is configured such that the VHB-VHS high-side bias can be sourced from VCC, or an external additional bias can be added to provide VHB-VHS directly. The highandlow-side driver output returns are separated on HS and GND respectively to allow evaluation of theUCC27282 HS negative voltage capabilities.
• EVM for the low-voltage features of the UCC27282 gate driver
• 6-V to 16-V VCC power supply range
• TTL-compatible inputs
• PCB layout optimized for bias supply bypassing cap, gate-drive resistance selection
• Capacitive load, external gate drive resistor and diode for gate drive network evaluation
• Allows quick verification of most of the data sheet parameters
• Test points allow probing all the key pins of the UCC27282